Wednesday, May 2, 2012
Yesterday I spent the entire class reading Staying Alive. I read all of the poems in the section titled "In and out of love." I enjoyed this book more then the Friendship Poems book because I found the poems easier to understand and relate to.The majority of poems in the Friendship Poems rhyme, but in Staying Alive there is a nice balance. My favorite two poems I read in Staying Alive were "In Defence of Adultery" and "Desire's a Desire." "In Defence of Adultery" is a poem that makes numerous analogies for what falling in love is like; it was very detailed and captivating. "Desire's a Desire" discusses the down falls of desiring someone and how it consumes a person. Out of class I read to page 99 in Friendship Poems. I also talked to Dev, Ty, and my friend Sonia about there favorite memories from Atlantis, which is a page in my scrapbook because it shows how I was able to bring my friends from home and my friends at LA together over spring break. I also interviewed Jake and Vail again because I forgot to ask them their favorite memory during the first time I talked to both of them. I spent about a little more then an hour doing this during study hall last night in the library.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment