Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Last night I spent the first hour and a half of study hall in the library finishing Friendship Poems and working on my poem for Conor's page. The poems I liked were "Best Society" and "To A False Friend". "Best Society" is a poem about how the speaker always assumed solitude was a given when he was young but as he grew up he learned that this was not the case, and that being alone was not always possible. The speaker also discusses how solitude is usually looked down upon by society. "To A False Friend" is a poem about two friends that will no longer meet and repeats the line "Our hands have join'd but not our hearts." I did not make much progress with the poem for Conor's page last night. I wrote a few versions but I didn't really like any of them and I am experiencing a bit of writer's block when it comes to writing this poem. Hopefully I will be able to overcome this tonight so I can finally finish this poem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment