Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Today I spent the whole class period writing my poem for Conor's page. I finally got an idea I liked and went with it. I spent the first forty minutes of study hall tonight editing my poem and fixing it up. Throughout this process I have realized that I can't force poetry out of myself. If I am not having any good ideas or am not able to think of any material, there is no point in wasting my time trying. I have seen that I must leave my work alone and come back to it later if I want to be successful. Going into this project I knew my biggest obstacle was going to be time management because I have a very bad habit of procrastinating. I have found that the resolution for this problem is figuring out my time frame and setting a goal for each day. This way I know when I get off track or if I need to work particularly hard on a given night. Procrastination has not been a big problem for me so far on this project. I have also learned that this self-discipline has allowed me to produce better work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fantastic insight into your own writing process. This what the metacognitive piece is all about!
ReplyDelete